Here’s a list of source text’s that are useful for paediatric surgery. This list is not comprehensive, but its a great start for the early-years paediatric surgeon.
- Clinical Pediatric Surgery: A Case-Based Interactive Approach. Available in both book and kindle versions. An easy to read, narrative based coverage of key topics. Also mirrors well the dialogue-based style of viva voce examinations e.g. FRCS (UK).
- Paediatric Surgical Secrets – Philip Glick et al. Excellent for rapid review, night before prep, etc. Sufficient depth for the early years.
- Essentials of Paediatric Urology 3rd Ed – Edited by Duncan T. Wilcox, D. F. M. Thomas. It’s essential. Just as they said. Essential.
- Operative Paediatric Surgery – 8th edition, Edited By Mark Davenport, James D. Geiger. Comprehensive. Great images. A book shelf essential.
- Holcomb and Ashcraft’s Paediatric Surgery – Now in 7th edition and available online.
- Paediatric Surgery and Urology: Long Term Outcomes – Mark D. Stringer, Keith T. Oldham, Pierre D. E. Mouriquand, et al. A sobering read for surgeons of all ages.